Soper’s Hole, located at the Tortola’s West End, is also referred as “gunkhole.” It’s a nautical term used for a delightful spot to anchor. Soper’s Hole is surrounded by small hills like Frenchman’s Cay.
Also, the opening to a pool of islands opens a whole new world of adventure. This is the best spot for overnight anchorage. Several restaurants and shops are available in the close vicinity to help you enjoy a breath-taking sunset.
- Though we all consider Soper’s a bustling harbor, but believe me, it’s roomy enough to handle any ship efficiently. Boats of any size including the mega-yachts can be easily moored here. However, bigger ships are assigned the Frenchman’s Cay side where the depth of water is around 50-70 feet. Small vessels are assigned the northeastern harbor having a depth of 20-30 feet of water.
- You can find a slight dinghy voyage behind the sandbar between Frenchman’s Cay and Tortola properly suitable for dinghies only. You might come across moorings off of Shepherds Marina. Boats of all sizes can be docked at the Soper’s Hole Marina.
- You can choose up a mooring beside the southern view of the harbor from Soper’s Hole Wharf & Marina to down through Pusser’s Moorings. These are chargeable, and the same can be deposited in the offices of the Soper’s Hole Wharf & Marina.
On the western shore of Frenchman’s cay, you will see the pontoons of this marina with some 50 berths with water, electricity as well as a fuel dock.
Ashore, The complex on the quay houses the marina office, and bareboat charter setups, several shops, and a well-stocked supermarket and dice center. The general atmosphere of the Creole style cottages is given an extra boost in tone by the balustraded decorum of Pusser’s landing with its terraced restaurant overlooking the marina.
Restaurants and Amenities
Soper’s Hole is famous for its spicy and fried foods. Here are some of the restaurant you can consider visiting:
For breakfast: D’ Best Cup: If you are a coffee addict, then wake up and head straight for this cafe. It offers the best breakfast which includes coffee, sandwiches, etc.
For Lunch: Pusser’s Landing: The most popular among all in Soper’s hole. This two stories open-air restaurant offers drinks, appetizers, a wholesome meal for a family or couple. The ambiance and view will leave you spell-bound.
For Dinner: If you are among those who prefer local food, then Willow Snack bar is the place to visit. It’s a paradise for local tastes which include drinks, mixed drinks, chicken roti, barbecue chicken to name a few.
Things to do
- Plan a trip before and reserve a yacht or mooring ball to explore the harbor further.
- If diving fascinates you, Bluewater Divers has many things to offer. Located right next to Pusser’s, it provides scuba lessons and arranges some cool dives.
- Thanks to its location, the Soper’s hole is surrounded by many islands. The best option can be to explore them. Rent all the basic amenities like windsurfers, surfboards, kayaks and fishing gears from a local rental store, and here you go. You can visit with your family for a memorable fishing, snorkel moment.
- There are various hand-crafted goods designed by artists up for sale. Make sure to purchase some for your loved ones.
- If you feel like you are tired, Soper’s hole has services like massage, facials, pedicures and other body toning treatments.
- Soper’s hole has a massive fleet of yachts available for rental on a day or hourly basis. Hire as per your need and witness the beauty of nature in the calm water.